Made in Germany, PAW is a leader in residential and commercial hydronic and solar heating equipment. PAW line of precision engineered Hydronic Heating Distribution equipment is considered by most to be the best in the industry. The seamless integration of multiple zone with multiple pump applications is what makes this hydronic heating equipment unique. Save time and Money!
In most complete home heating systems a boiler or heat pump is used to provide heat to a buffer energy storage tank. From there this heat energy is distributed to multiple areas of the house as well as multiple types of heating zone. Within each heating zone there may different flow rate requirements each requiring a separate pump For example a buffer tank stores energy to be distributed to air coil radiators, hydronic in floor heat, domestic hot water and even pool and hot tubs. Each loop many in tern have multiples zones such as multiple hydronic loops and multiple air coils. PAW Hydronic heating equipment is built around centralized distribution home heating systems and its integrated solution saves home owners time and money. With simple connection that expand together.
Modular Distribution Manifolds
The system relies on Modular Distribution Manifolds that allows pump stations to be hooked up in parallel to share a common heating supply (buffer tank). These manifolds come in 2,3,4,5 loop configurations and can be expanded past that. There manifolds share the supply and return manifolds from the heating source. These Distribution Manifolds come in ¾”, 1” and 1 ¼”.
Heating Distribution Manifold for outputs up to 80 Kw per boiler connection
- Completely made of brass
- Completely pre-assembled
- Completely insulated with high temp EPP foam
- Extremely low resistance free flow
- Up to six pre-assembled manifolds modules available
- Multiple connection of heat sources such as gas boiler and wood fired boiler
- Comes with wall bracket
The complete integrate pump station saves time on installation, allows for pump servicing and seamlessly integrates with the PAW Distribution Manifold for parallel installation of multiple heating circuits. Quick brass compression fittings allow you to attach to PEX or Copper pipe or use our Aurora Flex stainless steel piping for solder free connections. Accurate thermostats and brass ball valves add to the features of these pump stations.
PAW pump stations come in a variety of sizes and can accommodate systems sizing up to 34 Kw. The variable speed pump is available in different sizes to match the flow requirements for each zone. By adding multiple pump station in parallel to the Modular Distribution Manual you can easily achieve a complete home heating solution for every zone requirement.
- Full port ball valves for isolating the system
- ¾”-1 ¼” compression fittings
- Fully insulated housing made of EPP elastic foam
- 100% insulation of fitting while allow air for pump to cool
- Flow check valve in return pipe prevents anti siphoning when pump is off
- Right or left supply are interchangeable to suit existing design
- 100% brass components except for pump
- Integrate accurate temperature gauges
- Pump isolation also pump to be changes without draining system
- Built in mixing valve to lower supply temperature for low temp heating
- Available in ¾”, 1” and 1 ¼” size ranging application 10 Kw- 34 Kw
Grundfos Alpha Variable Speed Pumps
The pump stations come complete with Grundfos Alpha variable speed pump that provide home owners the right balance of operating cost, comfort and reliability. Variable speed pumps are the new standard in hydronic design. With a variable speed pump you can optimize the flow of multiple zones allow minimizing the pump operating cost. For example a three zone house might require only one zone to be active, this means the pump can run at 1/3 speed, however as the other zones become active the Alpha pump will increase its speed always delivering a constant flow. In the past home owners had to size the pump for the maximum load and run it on that speed at all times even when there is minimal heating requirements.
Depending on the size requirements for heating loops will depend on the required pump size the flow rate charts are listed below.
Pump Curve for Alpha Variable Speed Pump
- AutoAdapt measures system changes and automatically max energy savings
- Large display shows the energy savings Watts and GPM
- One button touch
- Seven Hydraulic selections including 3 speeds, 3 constants pressures, & AutoAdapt
- Cast iron for heating or stainless steel for domestic water
- Integrated check valve
Example System Layout Using Air Source Heat Pump