Solar Water Heaters for Domestic Hot Water Heating
Solar Water Heating or is an ideal way to harness the sun’s energy. By using advanced vacuum tube collectors a solar heating system can work in temperatures of minus 40! Our heating systems use a special solar glycol heating fluid that can work in artic temperatures but also with stand high temperatures of up to 480 F. Heat is capture in the collectors and moved into a special solar water tank that has an internal heat exchanger at the bottom of the tank. The heat energy is then indirectly transferred to the house for hot water use. If not used it is stored in the heavily insulated tank.
The entire heating loop is controlled by a solar differential controller and a pump. The controller maximizes the systems performance while turning on/off the pump (s) as needed.
Dual Zones –A domestic hot water heating system can quickly be expanded to include the potable hot water as well as a second heating zone such as space heating or even a pool or hot tub. This is done by utilizing a storage tank with a second heat exchanger in the top of the tank. The solar controller can handle a second zone based on simple programming set up. Now the homeowner can enjoy hot water for showers and baths and when there is excess heat energy this energy can be move to a second zone by an additional pump.
Domestic Solar Hot Water Heating
Our Specially Designed Solar Storage Tanks have a backup 4.5 Kw heating element located in the middle of the tank. This allow the tank to provide hot water 100% of the time even when the sun is not shining.
- G-GLASS porcelain fused-to-steel is impervious to chlorine and caustics - the ideal water vessel
- 1” NPT connections
- 2” Non-CFC zero ozone depleting foam insulation
- Two magnesium anodes Factory installed brass drain valve
- Factory installed T&P valve Precision manufactured tank - high quality steel to assure strength and durability
- Internal temperature probes for top and bottom tank temperature
- 4.5 Kw electric element with temperature control
Domestic Solar Water Heaters
Each home is different and as such the size of the house, its climate and the insulation value of the home will play a big part in choosing a proper solar space heater.The larger system the more storage will be needed. Generally for Northern Climates we recommend 1 x 30 tube vacuum collector for every 300 square feet. In warmer climates this can be reduced to 1 x 20 tube vacuum
collector for every 400 square feet.
Storage tank should be equally sized to match the number of collectors. The rule of thumb however is more is better when it comes to storage size. Most tanks come in 50, 80, 119 gallon sizes for larger homes it is best to add multiple storage tanks and run them in parallel. We recommend minimum of 40 gallons per 30 tube collector so a 3 collectors system will require 120 gallons of storage.
Basic Domestic Hot Water with a single internal heater exchanger.
Domestic Hot Water with an optional 2nd Heating Zone using a 2nd Heat Exchanger
Sizing a Solar Heating System
Each home is different based on the number of occupancies and the habits of the occupants. The frequency of length of showers plays a big role in how much hot water an average home consumes. The general guideline is each occupant consumes on average 20 gallons of hot water per day. So a family of 4 will need 80 gallons of hot water./p>
Storage tank should be equally sized to match the number of collectors. The rule of thumb however is more is better when it comes to storage size. Most tanks come in 50, 80, 119 gallon sizes for larger homes it is best to add multiple storage tanks and run them in parallel. We recommend minimum of 40 gallons per 30 tube collector so a 3 collector system will require 120 gallons of storage. However more is better so for a single hot water heater with one collector we recommend an 80 gallon tank.
Solar Water Heating Packages Includes
- SunRain TZ-58 1800 30R Vacuum tube collectors
- Roof or Wall mount frame kit
- SolarStor solar water tank; incudes built in heat exchangers with 4.5 Kw Back up heating element UL & CSA certified
- RESOL FlowSol pump station with integrated RESOL digital controller for two heating zones
- Aurora Solar Flex 3/4" OD stainless steel piping, pre insulated and weather proof with sensor wire
- all quick connect Aurora Flex Fittings for fast installation (no soldering)
- pre-mixed ProSol LH-T high temp (475F) solar heating fluid for vacuum tube collectors
- positive displacement drill pump for filling and servicing
- Zilmet Expansion tank - Specifically designed for solar heating
- SpirotechAutoClose Solar Air Vent - World's only solar Auto Air Vent!
- complete solar installation manual and free technical support